This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Wisconsin Bacon Cheese Beer Bread
• 3 cups self-rising flour
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 12 oz beer (keep in mind that bitter beers become much more bitter when cooked)
• 8 oz cheese, 3/4 cut into 1/2 inch cubes, 1/4 shredded
• 2 pieces of bacon, just undercooked (do not pat off the grease), chop up the bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together the sugar and the flour. Gently mix in the the beer. The batter will be thick.
3. Mix in the cheese cubes and bacon.
4. Pour the batter into a greased bread pan. Top with shredded cheese.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
6. Remove from pan and let it cool for about twenty minutes on a cooling rack before cutting in to it.