This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Friday, January 11, 2013
Asparagus with Brie
1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
1/2 (2.2 pound) wheel Brie cheese,
sliced 1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place asparagus in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still crisp, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain and place in a shallow baking dish.
3. Lay cheese slices over asparagus. In a small bowl combine melted butter, bread crumbs and sesame seeds. Sprinkle over cheese.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes.
5. Increase oven to broil. Broil just until breadcrumbs are golden brown.