This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Loaded Potato Bites
Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
• 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes, warmed (see Note)
• 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
• 2 scallions, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup bacon bits
• 2 egg yolks, beaten
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cheese, scallions, and bacon bits. Using your hands, roll the mashed potato mixture into 1-inch balls. Flatten slightly and place on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with egg yolk.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
You can use leftover mashed potatoes, make a new batch, or just use instant. Just remember to season them the way you like them