This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Monday, January 21, 2013
Beef Sliders Stuffed with Walnuts and Gorgonzola
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 slices bacon, finely chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
2 cups finely chopped button mushrooms
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 pound ground beef (10% fat)
4 ounces Gorgonzola (or blue cheese),
divided into 16 portions
32 California walnut halves
16 small dinner rolls*
1. Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat and saute bacon until just cooked but not crisp.
2. Add shallots and cook until translucent. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until water evaporates, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and let cool. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and egg to mixture. Add beef and gently mix by hand until all ingredients are incorporated, without over-mixing.
4. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions. Form into thick patties, about 1-1/2 inches thick and 2-1/2 inches in diameter, tucking a piece of cheese and 2 walnut halves into the centre of each patty.
5. Grill patties on medium-high heat until cooked to preferred doneness. Serve in small dinner rolls or between baguette slices with desired condiments