Here's a great dessert recipe that comes from Weight Watchers. Who knew you could have Chocolate Souffle on a diet?
PointsPlus™ Value: 3
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 18 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
2 spray(s) cooking spray
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp sugar, granulated, divided
3 Tbsp low-fat chocolate milk
1 large egg white(s)
1/2 tsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat two 6 oz ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together cocoa, flour and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar; set over medium heat. Add milk; cook until smooth, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk egg white until soft peaks start to form. Slowly add remaining tablespoon granulated sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form. Fold cooled chocolate mixture into egg whites, a little at a time, until no white streaks appear.
- Pour batter into prepared ramekins; bake until set and tops look slightly dry, about 14 to 16 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar; serve warm. Yields 1 soufflé per serving.
- Do not open oven until soufflés are done. Cold air can cause them to sink.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for larger gatherings