I love restaurant copycat recipes because you know what a new recipe is supposed to look & taste like. This is really a lot like Chipotle's rice with a little more lime flavor (YUM!)
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 1/3 cup white rice
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/3 cup chicken broth, preferably organic and all-natural
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- chopped garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste (if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- zest from 1 lime
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Combine water, rice, broth, oil, juice, garlic, salt, cumin, & pepper in a medium sized pot over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a rolling boil. Turn heat to low. Cover with a lid and simmer for 17 minutes.
- Turn heat off, and with the lid still on, let the rice steam an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, fluff with a fork and stir in the lime zest, green onion, and cilantro.