These are absolutely wonderful! Mix everything up & let the flavors meld together for the best taste.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
These quesadillas have an irresistibly creamy filling. They also make great appetizers. Serve with your favorite salsa on top and a cup of black bean soup topped with chopped avocado.
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos, (optional)
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 16 ounces pasteurized crabmeat, drained if necessary
- 8 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- Combine Cheddar, cream cheese, scallions, bell pepper, cilantro, jalapenos (if using), orange zest and juice in a medium bowl. Gently stir in crab. Lay tortillas out on a work surface. Spread one-fourth of the filling on half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 quesadillas in the pan and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.