More Super Bowl goodies!
Hooters Buffalo Wings
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 27 mins
- Servings: 2
"from Top Secret Recipes http://www.topsecretrecipes.com"
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup louisiana hot sauce
- 1 dash pepper, Ground
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 chicken wings
- bleu cheese salad dressing
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- If the wings are frozen, be sure to defrost and dry them.
- Put the wings into a large bowl and sprinkle the flour mixture over them, coating each wing evenly.
- Put the wings in the refrigerator for 60 to 90 minutes. (This will help the breading to stick to the wings when fried.)
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- You want just enough oil to cover the wings entirely -- an inch or so deep at least. Combine the butter, hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat until the butter is melted and the ingredients are well blended.
- Put all the wings into the hot oil and fry them for 10 to 15 minutes or until some parts of the wings begin to turn dark brown.
- Remove the wings from the oil to a paper towel to drain.
- But don't let them sit too long, because you want to serve the wings hot. Quickly put the wings into a large bowl.
- Add the hot sauce and stir, coating all the wings evenly.
- You could also use a large plastic container with a lid for this.
- Put all the wings inside the container, add the sauce, put on the lid, then shake. Serve with Bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side.