This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Strawberry Fluff Angel Food Cake
• 1 Angel Food Cake (baked according to pkg. directions)
• 2 – 3 oz. Pkgs. Strawberry Flavored Gelatin
• 1 – 16 oz. Container Frozen Whipped Topping (thawed)
1. Bake angel food cake according to package directions, using a tube pan/angel food pan. Allow to cool.
2. While cake is cooling, mix both packages of strawberry flavored gelatin with two cups of hot water in large mixing bowl. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Place in refrigerator and allow to chill.
3. When gelatin is about ¾ of the way set, add container of thawed whipped topping to bowl and mix with electric mixer. Combine well.
4. Take angel food cake and cut in half horizontally to create two layers. Spread gelatin and whipped topping mixture on bottom layer. Replace top layer and cover entire cake with remaining gelatin/whipped topping combination. Store finished cake in refrigerator
You can also use your favorite flavored gelatin like orange or black cherry for a yummy dessert