This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Fake-Out Mini Lasagnas
• 8 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced about 1/4-inch thick
• 4 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
• 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
• Salt and ground black pepper
• 24 ravioli, square or round depending on your muffin tin
• 1/2 pound ball fresh mozzarella, grated
• 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
• 1 bunch of basil leaves, about 24
Yields: 12 as a snack
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
Arrange tomato slices on a rack set over a sheet pan and drizzle with about 2 tablespoons EVOO. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and roast until tender and caramelized, about 45 minutes. Reserve.
While tomatoes are roasting, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt it and cook ravioli to package directions and drain.
Raise oven temp to 375°F.
Build mini lasagnas in the cups of a muffin tin - start with a ravioli, a roasted tomato, a sprinkle of mozzarella, a sprinkle of parm, 1 basil leaf, and repeat once. Reserve remaining basil leaves.
Bake in oven until cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes. Thinly slice the remaining basil for garnish.