This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Saturday, August 4, 2012
Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake
• 1 box Nature Valley Granola Bars
• 1/3 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup flour
• 2 tablespoons melted butter
• 2 egg whites
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 lemon
• 4 ounces cream cheese
• 1 1/2 cups freshly chopped strawberries
1. Put the Nature Valley granola bars in a food processor and process until you achieve a course crumb.
2. In a large bowl, add the crumbs, brown sugar, flour and melted butter and mix together. Then spread into a pan that has been covered with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs whites and sugar and mix on high. Add the heavy cream and continue mixing for another five minutes.
4. Continue to add the fresh squeezed lemon juice and softened cream cheese. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
5. Fold the fresh strawberries into the cream mixture.
6. In a buttered glass cake pan, press half of the crumbs on the bottom. Top with strawberry mix and then add the remaining crumbs to the top.
7. Cover and freeze for three hours or more and enjoy