This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Cheesecake In A Blender
Cook time: 55 Min Difficulty: EASY
Prep time: 10 Min Serves: 8
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 stk butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
CHEESECAKE BODY INGREDIENTS: - 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 1 1/4 c milk
- fruit or cinnamon for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10" spring-form pan with PAM. WRAP the bottom and up the sides of the pan with a square of aluminum foil, to protect against any leaks. Make sure your spring-form pan is properly aligned and that it tightly seals when you snap the ring shut! NOTE: if you want to use a 9" spring-form pan to get a thicker piece of cake, you will have to bake the cake at least 10 minutes longer. Watch it closely, and use a cake tester to test for done-ness.
2. For crust: Sift together flour, baking powder and sugar. Mix together with butter and 1 slightly-beaten egg. Press the mixture along the bottom and slightly up the sides of the prepared pan.
3. For cheesecake: Place the cream cheese, flour, 2 eggs, sugar and milk into a blender and process on high for 3 minutes. No, there is no vanilla in this recipe! Really & truly! Pour into the prepared crust. Bake for 55 - 60 minutes (longer, if you use a 9" spring-form pan). Cool and remove from spring-form. Serve with fruit topping, if desired