- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) 1-1/4-inch filet mignon steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bacon
Dijon Herb Butter:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked peppercorns
- In a medium bowl, make the Dijon Herb Butter by combining the butter, mustard, parsley, and cracked peppercorns. Mix until combined then place in a crock and chill until ready to use.
- Preheat the broiler. Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, slightly cook the bacon over medium-high heat until lightly browned but not crisp. Wrap 1 slice of bacon around each steak and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Place steaks on a broiler pan or rimmed baking sheet and broil 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness beyond that. Remove toothpicks and serve with a scoop of Dijon Herb Butter topping each steak.