Broccoli and Cheese Calzone
Prep Time: 15 min
Inactive Prep Time:5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- 1 (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- Black pepper
- 1 pound bread or pizza dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella and broccoli. Mix well. Season with salt and black pepper.
Roll dough out to a 12-inch circle. Spread cheese filling over 1 side of circle, to within 1-inch of the edge. Lift 1 side of dough and fold over so that it meets the other side, forming a half moon, and pinch the edges together to seal.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Transfer calzone to a large baking sheet sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake 15 minutes, until puffed up golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Recipe courtesy Robin Miller