As we get closer to the Super Bowl there's a lot of recipes out there for the Big Game. Here's a healthier version of potato skins that are baked, not fried.
Yummy Baked Potato Skins8 servings
- 8 large baking potatoes, baked
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 4 green onions, sliced (optional)
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 33 mins
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp and discard (or save for another use) leaving 1/4-inch shell.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Combine oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper and brush all over potato skins.
- Bake at 475° for about 8 minutes and turn over.
- Bake for another 8 minutes or so and then turn right side up.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheddar evenly inside of skins.
- Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.