King’s Hawaiian Strawberry French Toast
- 4 (1 1/2-inch) thick slices King's Hawaiian Bread
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, optional
- butter or vegetable oil for frying
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- maple syrup, for garnish
- Cut each slice into approximately 3-inch wide pieces.
- Using serrated knife, cut a pocket in edge of each slice and fill with strawberries.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and if desired, sugar and orange zest.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Grease with butter or oil.
- Quickly dip (do not soak) slices in egg mixture.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Keep egg mixture well blended.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with additional strawberry slices.
- Serve immediately with warm syrup