This is right off the bag for Reese's Peanut Butter Chips & is YUMMY!!
Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Skill Level: Beginner Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 2 Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3 Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.
PAN RECIPE: Spread batter in greased 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350°F 20 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars. About 4 dozen bars.
ICE CREAM SANDWICHES: Prepare CHEWY CHOCOLATE COOKIES as directed; cool. Press small scoop of vanilla ice cream between flat sides of cookies. Wrap and freeze.
HIGH ALTITUDE DIRECTIONS:
-- Increase flour to 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons.
-- Decrease baking soda to 3/4 teaspoon.
-- Decrease sugar to 1-2/3 cups.
-- Add 2 teaspoons water with flour mixture.
-- Bake at 350°F, 7 to 8 minutes. Yield increases to about 6 dozen