This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Spinach and Artichoke Pizzas
Hands-On Time: 10m
Total Time: 30m
• 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
• cornmeal, for the baking sheets
• 2 cups marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
• 2 cups baby spinach (about 2 ounces)
• 8 ounces mozzarella, grated (1 cup)
• 1/2 8-ounce bar cream cheese, cut up
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
• kosher salt and black pepper
1. Heat oven to 475° F. Shape the dough into 4 rounds and place on 2 cornmeal-dusted baking sheets.
2. Dividing evenly top the rounds with the artichoke hearts, spinach, mozzarella, cream cheese, and Parmesan; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake until the crust is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
Marinated artichokes add a bright, complex flavor that you’ll miss if you use plain canned artichokes.