This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
• 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
• 4 tablespoons butter, divided
• 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup shredded fresh, canned or imitation crabmeat
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Gently clean mushrooms by wiping them with a damp paper towel. Remove stems from 3/4 pound of the firmest mushrooms; set aside caps.
2. Finely chop mushroom stems and remaining 1/4 pound whole mushrooms.
3. In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add chopped mushrooms and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
4. Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs, the shredded crab, onion powder, salt and pepper; mix well.
5. Using a teaspoon, stuff mushroom caps with stuffing mixture. Place on an ungreased rimmed baking sheet.
6. In a small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle evenly over tops of mushroom caps and bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until heated through.