This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Mini Apple Cinnamon Cheesecakes
• 1 Cup graham crackers, crushed
• 1/4 Cup unsalted butter, melted
• 1 Pinch salt
• 1 Pinch cinnamon
• CHEESECAKE FILLING
• 16 Ounces cream cheese (softened)
• 1/2 Cup sugar
• 2 Large eggs
• 1/2 Cup apple sauce
• 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
• 3 Cups powdered sugar
• 1 Cup unsalted butter
• 1 Teaspoon vanilla
• 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
• Cinnamon, for dusting
1. Crush graham crackers in a food processor and mash together with a fork with other crust ingredients until it's well mixed.
2. Line 12 cupcake tins with cupcake liners and pack in a large tablespoon of crust into each tin. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pack the crust down.
3. Bake crusts at 350 degrees F for 9 minutes. Remove and let cool.
4. For filling, add cream cheese and sugar to a mixer and beat until mixed and fluffy.
5. Add in eggs, apple sauce, and spices and beat until smooth.
6. Spoon filling into cupcake holders and fill almost to the top.
7. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and preheat the oven to 325 F.
8. Pour boiling water in a large baking dish on a bottom shelf of the oven to create a lot of steam in the oven. Place cheesecakes above the steaming water on a separate level.
9. Bake for about 25 minutes until the cheesecakes are just set.
10. Remove and let cool before frosting.
11. For frosting, beat butter and sugar together until smooth. Add in vanilla and enough cream to make the frosting easy to spread, about three tablespoons.
12. Once cheesecakes are cooled, frost either with a knife or a frosting bag. Dust with cinnamon and serve. Refrigerate cupcakes for storage.