This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Honey Garlic Chicken
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup water
• 1/3 cup sesame seeds
• Vegetable oil for frying
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
• 1/2 cup honey
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, make a batter by combining the flour, baking powder, salt, and water; mix well.
2. In a large deep skillet, toast the sesame seeds over medium-high heat, until golden. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium, add 1/4 inch oil to skillet, and heat oil until hot but not smoking. Dip chicken pieces in batter, coating completely, then cook in batches for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, warm honey, garlic, and soy sauce over low heat for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place chicken in a large bowl and pour warm honey sauce over it. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and toss until chicken is well coated. Serve immediately.