This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Cheesy Chicken with Bacon and Avocado Quesadillas
• 8 medium flour tortilla shells
• 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup green onions, diced
• 8 strips of bacon, cooked & crumbled
• 1 to 2 avocado diced
• mild cheddar cheese shredded
• 2 tbsp butter
• 2 limes
1. First thing first, cook the bacon, drain it well and crumble it. To reduce some of the fat, place it on paper towels. Don’t discard all of the bacon drippings, keep about a tsp of it and add the diced green onions to it and cook about 3 minutes until softened.
2. Add the chicken, make sure it’s cut into bite size pieces and keep sauteing for about 5 min until chicken is thoroughly cooked, turning over the chicken pieces, to make sure all sides are cooked. Add the salt and pepper and stir.
3. Remove the chicken mixture from the pan into a plate.
4. In a clean skillet, add a bit of the butter and melt. Add a tortilla and move it around until it’s buttery. Now the fun stuff begins. Add a little bit of the chicken and onion mixture to half of the tortilla, a bit of bacon, a bit of avocado and a bit or lots of cheese, depending on how you like it.
5. Now flip the other side of the tortilla over and pat it down. Now flip it over and cook on the other side until the other side is nice and golden. It looks amazing. Cut this into two pieces using a pizza cutter. Repeat these steps with the remaining tortillas. Serve this with some sour cream on the side and squeeze some limes over the quesadillas and you’ve got yourself an awesome meal.