This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Brie and Chive Biscuits
Hands-On Time: 15m
Total Time: 35m
• 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for the work surface
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
• 6 ounces Brie, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces (including the rind)
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
• 3/4 cup buttermilk
1. Heat oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
3. Add the butter and, using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut in until crumbly. Add the Brie and chives and toss to combine. Add the buttermilk and stir just until moistened (do not overmix).
4. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Knead it a few times to bring it together. Gently shape into a 1-inch-thick disk. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter (or a small glass), cut out 16 biscuits (flouring the cutter and reshaping the scraps as necessary). Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden, 15 to 18 minutes.
Bacon lovers at your table? Mix 4 slices of cooked bacon (broken into pieces) into the batter along with the brie and chives