2large zucchini (about 6 inches long)
1/2cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1cup Progresso® Italian style bread crumbs
1. Cut off ends of zucchini. Cut each zucchini in half crosswise; cut each half into 8 (3-inch) spears. Place spears in colander over bowl; sprinkle with salt. Cover; let stand at room temperature 4 hours so zucchini spears can dry.
2. Once zucchini spears are dry, rinse spears and pat completely dry with paper towels; set aside.
3. Heat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; spray paper with olive oil cooking spray. Place flour in shallow bowl. Beat eggs in another shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in third shallow bowl.
4. Coat each zucchini spear with flour; dip into eggs and coat with bread crumbs. Place on cookie sheet.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, turning spears over halfway through baking time, until golden brown. Serve warm.
Makes 32 zucchini friesFor extra flavor, mix 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese with the bread crumbs.
Serve zucchini fries with your favorite marinara sauce or cool ranch dressing dip.