Perfect Ribeye Steak With Garlic Herb Slather
· 2 bulbs garlic, ends cut to expose cloves plus 2 large cloves, finely chopped
· EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
· Kosher salt and pepper
· 1/3 cup dry sherry
· 4 tablespoons butter, softened
· 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
· 1 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
· Yields: 2 servings
· Squeeze cloves from bulbs garlic into the bowl of a food processor. Add sherry, butter, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Pulse process into a paste and reserve.
· Bring meat to room temperature, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Pat meat dry and rub with a drizzle of oil. Season aggressively with salt and pepper. Remove hot cast-iron skillet from oven and place over medium-high heat. Add steak to hot pan and brown 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to oven and cook 6 minutes more for medium-rare, turning once. Remove meat and let rest before carving.
· Slather steak with garlic sherry butter,