Photobucket

Monday, November 7, 2011

Reindeer Fudge


Reindeer Fudge

Serves: 8

1-1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
4-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons milk

1. Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and butter. Microwave at 80% power for 1 to 2 minutes.

3. Remove from microwave and add remaining ingredients; mix well then press into pie plate.
Microwave at 80% power for another minute.

4. Chill in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours, or until firm. Remove and cut into eight wedges. Wrap each piece in clear cellophane and decorate to look like a reindeer, as shown below. It’s fun and really easy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My pie plate wont fit in microwave. Could I mix again then put in pie plate

Jentastic said...

To Anonymous: I did mine on the stovetop and it worked out just fine!! I transferred everything to my mixer when I added the powdered sugar and voila! Delicious fudge. Thank you for this!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, these would be cute for kiddie gifts at xmas for school/ kindy friends. If there an alternative to a nut butter we could use?

Lidia said...

I don't know of a substitute. I know that Trader Joe's sells a "cookie butter", but I don't know the ingredients.

Anonymous said...

Soy nut butter would make a good sub for this as it has a similar "nutty" taste, if no other nut allergies you can always go with almond butter, cookie butter I really dont think would work very well as its probably not oily enough

Anonymous said...

The cookie butter is heaven. Its made from Biscoff cookies. :)

Anonymous said...

This only has to be refrigerated until it sets up right? After you cut and wrap, is it okay to leave out of fridge?