This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Saturday, July 7, 2012
Slow Cooker Cranberry Ribs
2teaspoons ground cumin
2teaspoons chili powder
2teaspoons packed brown sugar
3to 3 1/2 lb pork loin back ribs (about 2 racks)
1can (16 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
1jar (12 oz) beef gravy
2tablespoons cider vinegar
2tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2cloves garlic, finely chopped
1. Set oven control to broil; heat 15 minutes. Line broiler pan with foil.
2. In small bowl, mix cumin, chili powder and 2 teaspoons brown sugar. Rub evenly over racks of ribs. Place ribs on rack in broiler pan. Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, until browned. Cool slightly. Cut into individual ribs.
3. Place ribs in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Reserve half of the cranberry sauce. In medium bowl, mix remaining cranberry sauce and remaining ingredients; pour over ribs.
4. Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 hours 30 minutes to 3 hours or until ribs are tender.
5. Stir in reserved cranberry sauce; stir from bottom of cooker to coat ribs with sauce. Set cooker to Low heat setting to serve. Ribs will hold on Low heat setting up to 2 hours.
Makes 14 servings (1 rib each)
For smaller pieces, ask the butcher to cut the racks across the bones, especially if the ribs are longer than 3 1/2 to 4 inches. Racks of ribs will vary in size, depending on the size of the animal.
Serve with chunks of blue cheese and celery sticks.