This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
o 6 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese slices
o 1 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
o 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and patted dry
o 1 frozen pizza dough, thawed
o 1 cup Ragu® Pizza Quick Sauce
o 2 plum tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise and cut into slices, 1 sliced red bell pepper or a mixture of the two
o Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Take two slices of mozzarella cheese and stack together. Use kitchen scissors or small knife to cut a few star shapes out of the cheese slices. Slice remaining cheese into 1-inch strips. (or use star cookie cutters)
2. Preheat oven to 450°. Melt Country Crock® Spread in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Stretch pizza dough to fit a rectangular pan.
4. Spread Ragu® Pizza Quick Sauce evenly over dough. Sprinkle spinach over top left corner of dough. Lay tomatoes (or peppers) and cheese strips in alternating strips on rest of the pizza.
5. Bake 8 to 18 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is just beginning to brown. Place stars on the spinach and cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Remove from oven and serve with crushed red pepper flakes (if using).
7. Serves 8
TIP: a ready-made pizza crust may be substituted for the frozen dough if desired.