This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Pizza Zucchini Boats
Cooking Time: 30 min
• 4 zucchini or yellow squash (two of each preferred)
• 3/4 pound hot Italian sausage, casing removed
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
• 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut each squash in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Dice flesh that was removed.
3. In a large skillet, cook sausage and diced squash over medium heat 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked through, breaking up sausage with a spoon during cooking. Drain mixture and place in a medium bowl. Add drained tomatoes, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, and salt; mix well.
4. Fill squash halves with sausage mixture and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Bake 20 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and squash is heated through. Serve immediately.