This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Friday, July 13, 2012
Chocolate Afternoon Delight
Chilling Time: 4 hr
• 1 cup mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 8 ounces tub Cool Whip non-dairy topping
• 1/3 cup milk
• 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 1 Oreo pie crust (6-ounce) package (see directions for any necessary baking)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• 1/3 cup cocoa powder
1. Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, milk and vanilla extract until fluffy.
2. Mix in 1/4 cup of nuts and 1/4 cup of small chocolate chips in with pie mixture.
3. Spoon mixture into an Oreo cookie crust. Spread Cool Whip topping over the pie mixture, forming slight mound.
4. Garnish top of pie with remaining nuts and mini chocolate chips (if desired).
5. Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours and serve.