Chorizo Mushroom Queso Dip
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
· 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, a drizzle
· 1/2 pound Mexican chorizo
· 1/2 pound mushroom caps, quartered
· 2 scallions, thinly sliced
· 1 bag corn tortillas or blue corn tortillas, any variety
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. If using fresh Mexican chorizo, remove the casing and crumble while it's browning. Drain all grease from chorizo. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook with the sausage until just tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer the sausage mixture to a small casserole or baking dish and top with the cheese. Bake until bubbly. Remove from the oven and top with the scallions. Serve with chips for dipping.