This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Yield: 1 9x13 inch pan of potatoes, about 8-10 servings
• 4-6 medium sized Yukon Gold potatoes (I wouldn't recommend Russets for this)
• 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
• 6 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1c milk
• 1-1/2c sour cream
• 2T flour
• 2c shredded cheddar cheese
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4c Panko crumbs
• 5T butter, melted
1. Boil potatoes, until just tender but not cooked all the way through, about 20-25 minutes. Drain, cool, peel, and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. In a greased 9 x 13 dish, layer half of potato slices, then top with half the bacon and onions.
4. Whisk milk into sour cream and flour until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Spread half the mixture over the potato layer and then sprinkle with half the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat layers.
5. Sprinkle Panko over top and drizzle butter over all. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until golden and bubbly. Serve hot.
Adapted from Your Homebased Mom