This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
• 4 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
• Cinnamon Sugar
• Veg oil Cooking spray
• corn tortillas or plain unsalted tortilla chips
• Caramel Ice cream topping
• 1 cup chocolate chips
• 1 tsp margarine or coconut oil
• Other toppings (nuts, choc chips, marshmallows) optional
1. Slice and core apples and place in a large bowl of water with 1 tsp lemon juice to prevent browning. These can be stored in the fridge like this for 1-2 days.
2. Cut corn tortillas into strips and spread over a baking sheet. Spray with veg oil cooking spray and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until crisp. These may also be made ahead and stored in an airtight container.
3. Melt chocolate chips and margarine in a microwave safe bowl on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds or until melted through.
4. Assemble nachos on plate. Arrange apples, cinnamon sugar tortillas, drizzle with caramel and chocolate.
5. Top with any other toppings you choose; nuts, chocolate chips, marshmallows, etc.
6. Serve immediately!