This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Monday, October 8, 2012
Apple Bacon Cheddar Crostini
• 1 baguette, cut on a bias into 1/4-inch slices
• EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
• Salt and pepper
• 1/4 pound bacon, diced
• 1 large onion, diced
• 2 apples, preferably Honeycrisp, diced
• 1/2 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
• Yields: 8-10 as a snack
• Preheat oven to 400ºF.
• Scatter the baguette slices on a large baking sheet and drizzle with EVOO, salt and pepper. Put into oven and toast for a few minutes.
• In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, about 4-5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon and reserve fat.
• Add the onions to the hot bacon fat and caramelize for 10 minutes. Add in the apple. Season with salt and pepper; cook for another few minutes. Remove from heat and put into a serving bowl. Top with cheese and serve with crostini alongside.