This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Crock-Pot Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Caramel Topping
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooke Time: 4 hours
• 1 cup canned pumpkin
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
• 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
• 1 Can sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat Crock-pot on high.
2. Prepare the angel food cake mix according to package.
3. In a separate bowl mix together pumpkin, spice, & vanilla.
4. Fold pumpkin mix into angel food mix until well incorporated.
5. Place clean paperless sweetened condensed milk can in the center of a 5 qt or larger crock-pot. Spray the entire crock-pot and can with baking spray to avoid sticking.
6. Pour cake mix into crock-pot around can, cover, and let cook on high for 2 hours.
7. After two hours check cake with a toothpick to make sure it is cooked through, it should also be pulling away from the sides of the crock-pot.
8. Carefully remove the can and gently flip the cake out on to a baking rack to cool.
9. Return the can and 2 cups of water to the crock-pot for the caramel to continue to cook for 2 hours while the cake cools.
10. When done remove the can and allow to cool. Carefully open to reveal the carmel. Serve with the cake.