This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Friday, December 14, 2012
• Prep Time:15 minutes,
• Cook Time: 60 minutes,
• Total Time: 1 hours, 15 minutes,
• 3 3/4 cup all purpose flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 3/4 teaspoons ground cloves
• 1 1/2 cups unsulfured dark molasses
• 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 1 1/4 cups canola, vegetable or peanut oil
• 1 1/2 cups water
• 1 tablespoon baking soda
• 2/3 cup packed, peeled and minced ginger
• 3 large eggs, beaten
1. 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
2. 2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon and cloves. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the molasses, sugar and oil.
3. 3. In a small pot, bring the water to a boil. Remove pot from the heat and stir in the baking soda. Whisk the water into the molasses mixture and then whisk in the ginger.
4. 4. Gradually add the flour mixture to the molasses mixture, and stir just until the flour is absorbed. Whisk in the beaten eggs. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
5. 5. Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in the pan before removing.