This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Crème de Menthe Cheesecake Cookies
48 Servings Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
• 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
• 1 egg
• 1-1/3 cups Andes crème de menthe baking chips
• Green candy coating disks and sprinkles, optional
• Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften.
• In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add egg and cookie
• dough; beat until combined. Add baking chips and mix well. Drop by
• tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
• Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for
• 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
• If decoration is desired, melt candy coating in a microwave. Transfer
• melted coating to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in the
• corner. Pipe designs onto cookies and decorate with sprinkles.
• Yield: 4 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Bake and cool cookies as directed. Freeze for up to 1 month. Several hours before serving, proceed with finishing cookies as directed.