Impossibly Easy Chili Pie
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1⁄2 cup)
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope chili seasoning mix
- 1 can (2 1⁄4-ounce) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4-ounces)
- 1/2 cup original Bisquick mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- chopped tomato, red onion and jalapeño, if desired
- sour cream, if desired (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, onion and chili seasoning mix. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with olives and 1⁄2 cup of the cheese.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs with whisk or fork until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 30 minutes. Top with remaining 1⁄2 cup cheese. Bake 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with chopped vegetables and sour cream.