Tomato and Parmesan Rice
Hands-on Time: 05m
Total Time: 25m
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- kosher salt
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1. In a medium saucepan, combine 1 ½ cups water, the rice, and ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Stir once, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, 18 minutes.
2. Sprinkle the rice with the tomatoes and Parmesan. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Fold in the basil before serving.
Love fluffy rice? To remove the excess starch that can cause stickiness and clumping, rinse uncooked rice in a sieve or a mesh colander until the water runs clear.