This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Shrimp Creole (Slow Cooked)
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooke Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 7 hours 15 mins
1/4 cup (1/2 Stick) Butter
1 onion chopped
1/4 cup bisquick baking mix
3 cups water
2 cans (6 oz) Tomato Paste
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
2 bay leaves
Pepper to taste
4 lbs Shrimp peeled, Deveined and cleaned
1. Cook and stir butter and onion in medium skillet over reduced heat until onion is tender..
2. Stir in biscuit mix. Place mixture in the crockpot.
3. Add water, tomato paste, celery, bell pepper, salt, sugar, bay leaves, and pepper. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
4. Turn slow cooker to HIGH and add shrimp. Cook on high 45 min-1 hour or until shrimp are done.
5. Remove Bay Leaves and serve over rice