This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Thursday, May 10, 2012
Southern Red Velvet Waffles with Cream Cheese Glaze
Cook time: 20 Min Difficulty:
Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 4-5
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 c water
- 3 c waffle mix
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened - 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 btl red food coloring (approx 25 drops)
- 1/2 c chopped pecans, lightly toasted
1. Heat up waffle maker. Mix waffle mix and eggs, water, and oil according to pkg instructions.
2. Add cocoa powder to waffle mix and blend.
3. Add red food coloring slowly until you get the "red velvet" color you want. Cook waffles in waffle maker. This will make 5-6 Belgian waffles or 10 regular waffles.
4. With a mixer blend together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Pour glaze into a saucepan and warm on med-low. Stir frequently.
5. Serve Red Velvet Waffles with warm cream cheese glaze and toasted pecans on top and a side of fruit and bacon. YUM!