This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Friday, February 1, 2013
San Francisco Garlic Fries
• Nonstick vegetable oil spray
• 2 1/4 pounds russet potatoes, cut lengthwise into 3x1/3x1/3" batons
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
• Preheat oven to 450°. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Toss potatoes with 2 1/2 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet.
• Roast the potatoes, turning occasionally, until browned and tender, about 30 minutes. Increase heat to 500°. Continue roasting until fries are deep brown in spots, about 5 more minutes.
• Whisk remaining 1/2 Tbsp. oil, garlic, and parsley in a large bowl. Add hot fries, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.