This my place to share my pictures, projects, and things that make me smile with possibly some blogging too.
Saturday, February 9, 2013
CHOCOLATE FONDUE CUPS
• 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate pieces
• 2/3 cup heavy cream
• 2 tbsp. honey
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1 pkg. (10 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells, prepared according to package directions
• Assorted fresh fruit (strawberries, banana slices, kiwi slices, pineapple chunks and grapes)
1. Heat the chocolate pieces, heavy cream and honey in a 2-quart heavy saucepan over low heat until the mixture is melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract.
2. Spoon 1/4 cup chocolate mixture into each pastry shell. Serve with the fruit for dipping.
3. Recipe Note: You can serve the fruit with skewers or toothpicks to make dipping easier.
4. Easy Substitution: You may substitute orange, coffee or raspberry-flavored liqueur for the vanilla extract in this recipe.
5. Easy Substitution: Some other ideas for dipping include marshmallows, pretzel sticks, dried fruit and/or your favorite Pepperidge Farm® cookies