Photobucket

Monday, August 31, 2015

MomLid's "Famous" Creamed Corn in the Crockpot

Famous, you ask? Sort of - I do get asked to bring this to a lot of potlucks, my children would disown me if I didn't make this for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and my husband might divorce me if I didn't make it periodically . Truth be told, this is quite easy to make and I'm happy to oblige. It's so simple that if you blink, you'll miss it. I threw this recipe together using 2 of my favorite ingredients, I'm almost embarassed to call it a recipe. Almost, but not quite. This recipe can be halved, doubled or tripled, and you can always add cheese. Here it is: 2 lb frozen corn, white corn preferred 16oz cream cheese sugar, to taste (optional) salt & pepper to taste - I don't add any I use a 6-qt crockpot (This is not my photo - used a stock photo. Sorry, but it always gets eaten before I can take a picture) 1. Mix together in crockpot 2. Heat 2-4 hours on high or low until all is blended and mixed together 3. Many times I will mix and heat up in the microwave and then just keep it warm in the crockpot 4. Enjoy! See - I said it was easy, and quite impressive!

No comments: